A raw vegan lemon slice that’s super simple to make and only requires 6 ingredients? Sign me up! This easy lemon coconut slice is just the right amount of sweet and zesty and you can have zero guilt about indulging in more than one slice!
This light and zesty raw lemon slice recipe is an ideal no-bake sweet treat or dessert for those warmer days when you get a craving for something sweet and zesty!
Apart from the chilling time, this dessert is super quick to make, only requiring a few simple ingredients and no baking time whatsoever! Serve it as is or with a berry salad, whipped coconut cream, or vegan ice cream.
Is This Healthy Lemon Slice Recipe also Gluten-Free?
Yes, it is – this recipe provides a gluten-free lemon slice treat! I’ve used almond flour to make these vegan lemon slice treats completely gluten-free. You could also use coconut flour instead if you wish.
And, of course, if being gluten-free is not a preference for you then you are welcome to use all-purpose flour instead.
What You’ll Need
- Almond flour
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut
How To Make This Raw Lemon Coconut Slice
Add maple syrup, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest to a bowl and stir well to combine.
Add in the almond flour, coconut, and a pinch of salt. Stir until you have a thick batter.
Line a 6″ baking tray with baking paper.
Transfer your batter into the tray, pressing it down so you have an even layer.
Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
Transfer to a flat surface, and cut into 9 squares.
How to Store Your Vegan Lemon Slice
Once assembled, you should store your no bake lemon slice leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, either in the tray or in an airtight container.
You can also freeze raw lemon coconut slice for up to 1-2 months. Add it to the refrigerator to soften before serving.
What’s the Difference Between Raw Lemon Slices, Bars, and Squares?
Honestly?! There’s no difference at all. The terminology to describe something like a vegan lemon coconut slice is a matter of where you live and the terms commonly used to describe these types of no-bake sweet treats.
Variations on this Vegan Lemon Coconut Slice
- While I’ve only used maple syrup to sweeten these lemon slices, I know that some recipes also include pitted Medjool dates that are then added to a food processor along with the other ingredients. You can certainly use dates instead of the maple syrup or try a combination of the two, making sure to reduce the quantity of maple syrup called for in this recipe.
- Adding a thin blueberry jam as a topping would seriously elevate these easy lemon coconut slice treats to the next level, providing a rather sophisticated dessert option.
- If you’d enjoy more of a nutty texture to the lemon slices then you could make your own almond flour using your food processor, and just stop processing when it reaches your desired coarseness.
What to Serve With Gluten-Free Coconut and Lemon Slice
These no-bake zesty treats could easily be paired alongside a fresh berry salad with whipped coconut cream or creamy coconut ice cream.
Otherwise, serve these vegan lemon slices alongside other sweet treats (such as these lemon tarts) when hosting a high tea with your girlfriends!
Tips for the Best Raw Lemon Coconut Slice
- Always keep any leftover slices stored in the refrigerator. When serving, be mindful that these no-bake lemon slices should not be sitting at room temperature for too long otherwise the slices will soften.
- Sprinkle some lemon zest on top of your slices for added appeal.
- The small amount of salt added to this recipe helps to cut some of the sharp tangy flavors of this dessert while also elevating the flavor combinations, much like it does in a chocolate dessert. Be sure not to skip it.
- You can easily double the recipe ingredients and make two trays of this healthy lemon slice recipe – one to be stored in the refrigerator for immediate serving and the other in the freezer (wrapped tightly in plastic wrap) for enjoyment at a later date.
Other raw vegan treats to try:
- Raw Vegan Carrot Cake Bites
- Lemon Cheesecake Bliss Balls
- Raw Snickers Slice
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Vegan No Bake Cheesecake
- Raw Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Coconut chocolate bon bons
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups shredded/desiccated coconut
- Pinch of salt
- Add maple syrup, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest to a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add in the almond flour, coconut, and a pinch of salt. Stir until you have a thick batter.
- Line a 6" baking tray with baking paper.
- Transfer your batter into the tray, pressing it down so you have an even layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- Transfer to a flat surface, and cut into 9 squares.
This raw lemon slice will stay good in the refrigerator for up to a week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 16gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information should be considered as an estimation only.