A deliciously easy vegan bundt cake bursting with flavor! Super simple to whip up at a moment’s notice, this orange and pecan cake will become a firm favorite.
If you’re looking for the best orange bundt cake recipe, you’ve certainly come to the right place! This vegan bundt cake recipe is the perfect cake for any occasion – whether you’re catering for a birthday, an afternoon tea with your girlfriends, or for a family dessert, this vegan orange cake won’t disappoint.
This eggless bundt cake is super moist thanks to the use of oil, orange juice, and non-dairy milk, is made with vegan-friendly ingredients, and is sweet and crunchy with every bite. I also love how the cinnamon added provided a depth of warmth to this fluffy cake.
Keep your easy orange bundt cake simple or add some chopped pecans and orange zest as tasty and attractive garnish!
This article may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
What You’ll Need
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Juice and zest of an orange
- Vegetable oil
- Almond or any non-dairy milk
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Chopped pecans
- Powdered sugar
How To Make This Easy Orange Bundt Cake
Pre-heat the oven to 350F / 175C. Get your 9″ bundt pan and grease it well with vegan butter. Then dust it lightly with flour. This will help get the cake out cleanly at the end.
Beat the oil and sugar together. Then add the almond milk, fresh orange juice, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine well.
Add in the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda & powder, and orange zest. Stir to combine thoroughly. Then fold in the pecan nuts.
Pour the batter into your greased and floured bundt pan, tapping it lightly to make sure it’s evenly settled.
Bake for 40-50 minutes, checking near the end to see if it’s done. If a toothpick comes out clean, you’re good!
While the cake is cooling, you can make the glaze by mixing together the icing sugar and orange juice. You can adjust to your liking.
After the cake has cooled for 10 minutes, place it upside down on a cooling rack and drizzle the glaze over the top.
Serve warm or cool.
How to Store Your Vegan Orange Cake
You can store this easy glazed orange bundt cake in an airtight container or wrapped with plastic wrap/aluminum foil in a cool and dry area or in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days.
If you plan on making this glazed vegan bundt cake ahead of time, a helpful trick is to insert some toothpicks on the top and sides of the cake to prevent any plastic wrap or aluminum foil from sticking to the glazed cake.
Can You Freeze This Vegan Bundt Cake Recipe?
Yes! Allow your easy glazed orange bundt cake to completely cool before storing it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You can freeze glazed or unglazed vegan bundt cake. If you are storing leftover vegan bundt cake, consider storing individual slices (wrapped with plastic wrap or aluminum foil). This will allow you to thaw the exact amount of cake at any given time instead of defrosting most of the remaining cake.
How do I Prevent my Eggless Bundt Cake from Sticking to the Cake Pan?
It’s important to always apply a generous amount of vegan butter or a baking non-stick spray (preferably something like Wilton Bake Easy Non-Stick Spray which has flour in it) to each inch of your bundt cake pan to ensure that your cake doesn’t stick to it when removing it from the mold.
You could also loosen the cake from the cake pan with a small curved spatula if you’re still having trouble.
Possible Vegan Orange Bundt Cake Recipe Variations
- The orange glaze used for this vegan bundt cake is incredibly simple. You can definitely use a vegan-friendly frosting option instead if you prefer that to a sugar glaze.
- For a gluten-free vegan orange cake, ditch the all-purpose flour and use a gluten-free flour like Bob’s Red Mill instead.
- Add some extra flare to this vegan orange bundt cake recipe by garnishing it with chopped nuts of your choice and orange zest.
Tips for Making the Best Orange Bundt Cake Recipe
- It’s best to glaze this vegan bundt cake while it’s still warm (not hot) so that the orange sugar glaze gets better absorbed, helping to create a super moist and scrumptious bundt cake!
- A good way to get rid of air bubbles in the cake batter is to tap the cake mold against the countertop prior to baking the cake. A few gentle taps will do.
- It’s good to keep in mind that the glaze will be slightly dry to the touch after a while of cooling but wet on the inside. If you press on it, the glaze will crack.
- While I’ve used a 9-inch bundt cake pan for this vegan orange bundt cake recipe, I’m confident that a 10-inch pan would also work.
Other Easy Vegan Cakes to Try:
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or your favorite plant-based milk)
- 1/3 cup orange juice (1 large orange)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp orange zest
- For the orange glaze
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F / 175C. Get your 9" bundt pan and grease it well with vegan butter. Then dust it lightly with flour. This will help get the cake out cleanly at the end.
- Beat the oil and sugar together. Then add the almond milk, fresh orange juice, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine well.
- Add in the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda & powder, and orange zest. Stir to combine thoroughly. Then fold in the pecan nuts.
- Pour the batter into your greased and floured bundt pan, tapping it lightly to make sure it's evenly settled.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, checking near the end to see if it's done. If a toothpick comes out clean, you're good!
- While the cake is cooling, you can make the glaze by mixing together the icing sugar and orange juice. You can adjust to your liking.
- After the cake has cooled for 10 minutes, place it upside down on a cooling rack and drizzle the glaze over the top.
- Serve warm or cool.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. Preferably in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 35gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information should be considered as an estimation only.