Creamy vegan breakfast parfait with yogurt and granola is the perfect addition to your breakfast table! Super simple to throw together, it’s the ideal way to start the day.
Boasting layers of coconut yogurt, coconut berry yogurt, nutty granola, and flaked coconut with chopped nuts as a delicious topping – you’ll never want anything else for breakfast!
Adapt this vegan yogurt parfait however you like, making sure to show it off in a stylish glass jar or medium drinking glass for a special breakfast or brunch.
What is a Vegan Granola Parfait?
This vegan fruit parfait is a very simple breakfast recipe made with layers of yogurt (plain coconut yogurt and blueberry blended yogurt), granola, and a choice of toppings such as nuts and coconut flakes.
It honestly couldn’t get any more simple than that and is incredibly easy to modify by layering granola between the two yogurt layers and adding different toppings as well, such as fresh berries and vegan chocolate chips.
Is this Homemade Granola Parfait Gluten-Free?
All of the ingredients used to make this vegan breakfast parfait are gluten-free. Granola itself is typically gluten-free too but if you are buying a store-bought granola then it’s worth checking the packaging information as some products used to make granola are kept in factories that also house gluten-based products. This is particularly important if you or anyone you are serving this to has high gluten sensitivities.
What You’ll Need
- Nutty granola
- Pecan nuts, chopped
- Natural coconut yogurt (can sub for your favorite unsweetened plant-based yogurt)
- Fresh or frozen blueberries (or your favorite fruit)
- Flaked coconut
- Maple syrup (can leave this out if you prefer unsweetened)
What Kind of Granola Should You Use for Making Vegan Parfait?
You can use any type of granola you enjoy the most (store-bought or homemade). If you love making your own granola, be sure to check out my Maple Cinnamon Granola Recipe.
The great thing about homemade granola is that you get to dictate what ingredients get added to the mix – it’s also usually a much healthier option!
How To Make Berry Granola Parfait
Blend 1 cup of yogurt with the blueberries and 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
Blend the remaining 1 cup of yogurt with 1 tbsp maple syrup.
Prepare the parfait by adding one layer of coconut yogurt, then one layer of the blueberry yogurt you just prepared.
Finish by adding a layer of granola, chopped pecan nuts, and coconut flakes.
Can You Make This Vegan Granola Breakfast the Night Before?
Yes, you can. If you want to be prepared for your breakfast the night before, I recommend that you add the yogurt layers to a glass jar that’s sealable and leave the crunchy granola top layer off until just prior to eating.
While you could add the granola the night before, you do run the risk of it losing some crunch and becoming soft which won’t be nearly as nice as fresh granola.
Variations on this Yogurt Granola Parfait
- Instead of blending the blueberries with the coconut yogurt to make blueberry yogurt, you could opt to buy a vegan berry yogurt.
- I’ve used pecan nuts in this recipe but you can use any other nuts of your preference including a combination of nuts.
- Add layers of freshly sliced fruit, chia seeds or flax seeds.
Tips for Making Healthy Granola Parfait
- Granola, especially commercial granola, can form clusters or chunks. Be sure to break up these chunks before you add it to your homemade granola parfait.
- Take your time assembling your parfaits. You don’t want those beautiful looking layers mushed into each other due to rushing the process.
- This yogurt granola parfait is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even as a healthy dessert. If you’re making this for a special breakfast or brunch spread, consider serving it alongside Vegan Apple Cookies with Oatmeal, Vegan Almond Flour Pancakes, Vegan Sweet Potato Muffins, or Vegan French Toast.
Other delicious vegan breakfast ideas:
- 1/2 cup nutty granola
- 1/4 cup pecan nuts, chopped
- 1 + 1 cups natural coconut yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp flaked coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Blend 1 cup of yogurt with the blueberries and 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Blend the remaining 1 cup of yogurt with 1 tbsp maple syrup.
- Prepare the parfait by adding one layer of coconut yogurt, then one layer of the blueberry yogurt you just prepared.
- Finish by adding a layer of granola, chopped pecan nuts, and coconut flakes.
- Enjoy fresh!
You can swap out blueberries for a fruit of your choosing.
Maple syrup isn't necessary if you want to cut out sugars.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 6gSugar: 48gProtein: 11g
Nutrition information should be considered as an estimation only.