Choosing to become a vegan is an admirable decision, but it is not always an easy one. Despite making this lifestyle and diet choice for all of the right reasons, you may find that, at first, you struggle to make new recipes with all plant-based ingredients.
We’ve all been there, we have all missed things like Tacos, Chilli Con Carne, Lasagna and even Sloppy Joes, it’s normal to miss them.
But with new plant based replacements, you do not have to miss out on your favorite recipes anymore! More and more supermarkets are now offering vegan meat crumbles that replicate ground beef, so you can make your own 100% vegan friendly tacos and lasagna’s once again!
This article may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
Best Meatless Crumbles for Every Dish
If you are looking for the best vegan meat crumbles for your next meal, then we’re here to help!
We have gathered some of the best plant-based, vegan alternatives to ground beef available on the market. These are our top picks.
Noble Plate have come to the table with an excellent vegan alternative to beef crumbles that’s super high in protein, low in fat, non-GMO and 100% made in the USA. What’s not to love?
The kicker? Because these vegan meat crumbles are made of dehydrated pea protein, you can stock up on this product and keep it in your pantry – no refrigeration required! This also makes it perfect for camping and cookouts.
Simply flavor the crumbles with your favorite sauces and spices, and use in bolognese, tacos, pies, or wherever you’d traditionally use meat crumbles – it’s super versatile!
- SOY FREE, GLUTEN FREE & SUPERIOR QUALITY - Sustainably made entirely from 100% Non-GMO peas grown in the USA. Completely soy free, gluten free, and cruelty free, Noble Plate Vegan Meatless Protein Crumbles is one of the highest grade pea protein TVP (textured vegetable protein) on the market today. One 6 oz. package yields over 1 pound of usable ground meat replacement! Wholesome Provisions is an authorized distributor of Noble Plate products.
- CONVINCING MEAT-LIKE TEXTURE & NEUTRAL TASTE - The neutral smell and taste will allow our protein crumbles to take on ANY flavor you desire while mimicking the texture and chewing properties of meat. Browns and behaves just like conventional ground meat.
- EASY PREPARATION, READY IN 5 MINUTES, EASY STORAGE - Just add water! Only 3 easy steps to fully prepare. Once prepared, season as you wish and use as is or brown over a skillet for enhanced texture. 100% shelf stable making long term storage a cinch! Save that precious refrigerator and freezer space! Excellent food item for preparation/survival storage.
- HIGH PROTEIN, LOW CARB, SUGAR FREE - 0% cholesterol with 45g of protein per serving. 0g net carb (keto-friendly) and contains ZERO sugar. Noble Plate’s textured pea protein is a truly nutrient dense meat alternative without the compromise. A great way to sneak in vegetables to any picky eater! Kids will love it in spaghetti and chili and won’t even know the difference!
- ENDLESS COOKING IDEAS, HIGHLY VERSATILE - Can replace almost ANY recipe that calls for ground meat! Great for spaghetti, tacos, enchiladas, chili, casseroles, shepherd's pie, stuffed bell peppers, curries, stews, cabbage rolls, and so much more! Use your imagination! Wholesome Provisions is an authorized distributor of Noble Plate products.
Those looking for a versatile ground beef substitute need look no further than Beyond Beef’s offering. Ideal for those who prefer to avoid soy, GMO’s and gluten, this meat alternative is high in protein and low in fat.
A truly versatile product, use it in anything from nachos, to enchiladas, to making homemade hamburgers. Just be warned – this is a very realistic looking and tasting meat crumbles alternative! Better for those who really miss their meat.
- The freedom and versatility to turn any recipe into a meaty plant-based masterpiece
- 20 GRAMS PLANT-BASED PROTEIN: made from a combination of pea, rice and mung bean protein, Beyond Beef is a complete protein with 20 grams per serving
- LESS SATURATED FAT: each serving of Beyond Beef has 35% less saturated fat than 4 oz (raw) 80/20 ground beef and marbling that tenderizes when cooking
- LESS IS MORE: Beyond Beef is made from simple, plant-based ingredients with no GMOs, soy or gluten. All of Beyond Meat products are vegan, kosher and have no antibiotics or hormones
- INCLUDES: one (1) frozen 16 oz. (1 lb.) package
Gardein meat crumbles are some of the most popular options when it comes to 100% plant-based ground crumbles. What makes it even better is that these are widely available in many supermarkets, and online.
In addition, these vegan beefless ground crumbles are only 110 calories per serving, and contain 18g of protein, perfect for your next taco Tuesday or ground ‘beef’ vegan recipe! They also cook up super quick, meaning your next meat-free meal is just minutes away…
- Contains one 13.7-ounce 4-count bag of Gardein Gluten Free Ultimate Beefless Ground
- Gardein Ultimate Beefless Ground is a tasty, tender and versatile vegan alternative to ground beef
- This plant-based beef is an easy gluten free substitute in tacos, sloppy joes, pasta dishes and more
- In 4 minutes, this Gardein beefless ground makes a delicious dish to enjoy whenever you want your favorite foods meat free
- This beefless ground is dairy free and certified vegan
Looking for the perfect vegan taco crumbles? These plant-based crumbles are pre-seasoned with smoky chipotle chili peppers, garlic, coriander and cumin, so all you have to do is heat it up!
Ideal for lazy weeknight dinners, you can rest assured you’re also serving up a great source of protein, fiber, calcium, iron and magnesium. Simply throw it in a taco shell with your favorite toppings and you’re done. It couldn’t be simpler to eat cruelty-free.
- MEATLESS MIXES: Plant powered meatless mixes with globally inspired flavors! Our plant based protein and seasoning blends are small batch crafted with simple, clean ingredients and unique flavors.
- TACO SEASONING: This taco mix replaces 1lb of ground meat and is ready in just 15 minutes. Add the plant based meatless mix to a tortilla with pickled onions, jalapenos and herbs for an easy & satisfying bite.
- FANTASTIC FLAVORS: Bold and smokey, the plant protein is infused with a Mexican spice blend containing chipotle chili peppers, garlic, coriander and cumin in a classic taco mix.
- PLANT POWERED: High in fiber and protein and low in fat and calories, our taco seasoning blend is added to satisfying soy protein and will be enjoyed by meat eaters and vegetarians alike.
- URBAN ACCENTS: Urban Accents is a specialty food company based in Chicago, Illinois that manufactures and distributes spice blends, grilling rubs, sea salts and a full collection of products designed for use in gourmet cooking.
If you are looking for the perfect alternative to ground beef, then you will have to try Lightlife Smart Ground Crumbles. This company has been around for nearly 40 years and is one of the leaders in the industry for non-GMO and plant-based foods.
The Lightlife Smart Ground Original Crumbles are absolutely delicious, 100% vegan, and contain about 16.5 g of protein, for only 105 calories, and zero grams of fat – a much healthier alternative than your average meat crumbles!
If you are looking to keep down your fat intake and maintain a healthy diet, whilst still enjoying your favorite meat-based foods, then you may want to give BOCA Original Veggie Crumbles a try.
These fake beef crumbles contain 11g of protein, as well as 6% of your daily calcium requirements, and 8% of your daily iron requirements per 1/2 cup serving. A non-GMO soy-based product, they soak up the flavors of what you’re cooking them in and imitate beef crumbles convincingly.
- Gluten-free and Non-GMO, Effervesce combines Authenticity and Quality with Elegance and Prestige
Quorn also provides meat-free meatless grounds perfect for your next ‘ground beef’ recipes. Their Meatless Grounds are also Non-GMO, completely soy-free, and an excellent source of protein for your diet.
They are extremely versatile and provide the exact same taste and texture as real meat. In addition, these meatless grounds are 100% vegan, and easy to prepare, with a sustainably sourced protein included.
Beyond Meat is one of the biggest vegan food manufacturers these days. This company offers a myriad of different meatless options that look and taste just like the real thing, which makes the transition to veganism so much easier. In addition, Beyond Meat knows how difficult it can be for vegans and those who live plant-based lifestyles to get enough iron into their diets.
This is why the Beyond Meat Beef Free Crumbles contain 25% of your daily recommended intake of iron. These vegan crumbles are also very low in calories, and are perfect for making traditional beef dishes such as Spaghetti Bolognese, tacos, burritos or Chilli Con Carne.
- From chili to pizza toppings these plant-based beef crumbles are versatile and ready-to-cook
- 14 GRAMS PLANT-BASED PROTEIN: made from pea protein, Beyond Beef Crumbles pack 14 grams of protein per serving
- LESS IS MORE: Beyond Beef Crumbles are made from simple, plant-based ingredients with no GMOs, soy or gluten. All of Beyond Meat products are vegan, kosher and have no antibiotics or hormones
- INCLUDES: one (1) frozen 10 oz. bag. Keep frozen until ready to eat, do NOT thaw before cooking
If you’re looking for a lighter alternative to meat crumbles, more like a plant-based ground chicken, then this option from Chickfu is for you!
Made from nutritious chickpeas, and free from soy, GMOs, animal products and sodium, this product delivers a whopping 19g of protein into each 1/2 cup serving! That’s give meat a run for its money any day of the week.
- VEGAN, SOY-FREE, NON-GMO: Meatless crumbles made from Non-GMO chickpeas here in the USA. This product is plant-based, soy-free, and gluten-free. One package is 6.4oz, which provides up to 5 servings per bag of vegan ground meat replacement.
- NO SODIUM, HIGH PROTEIN, HIGH FIBER: Vegan meat substitute with 19g of protein per serving (38g of protein / 1 cup). It is also high in fiber with 4g of fiber per serving. Most important, our chickpea meat crumbles have NO SODIUM in them, unlike other crumbles such as those made from peas or soy.
- NEUTRAL FLAVOR & MEATY TEXTURE: This product has a neutral flavor with no aftertaste & will take on the flavor of any dish or spices you add to it! The texture is similar to ground meat, and you can brown it on the skillet just like ground meat. Also a great source of iron and other nutrients.
- EASY TO COOK, SHELF STABLE: Prep your meatless crumbles in minutes! Simply add water or broth to the dehydrated, dried protein and let it sit until re-hydrated (~15 min)! Cook the crumbles by sauteeing them on a pan, forming them into patties, adding them to a chili & much more! Recipes can be found on our Chikfu Instagram page.The product before hydration is completely shelf stable so you can keep it in your pantry for over a year. Take it on the go such as on road trips or camping adventures!
- FAMILY OWNED, TRUSTED COMPANY: We are completely family owned, based in the state of Texas. Our goal is to make healthy plant-based products for our customers, each of whom we view as a part of our family! We love providing healthy, whole food products for everyone and hope you can try our meatless crumbles out!
Vegan beef crumbles don’t get any simpler than TVP – textured vegetable protein. Just sub out the meat, and use these instead for a protein boost to any meal. They contain a huge 12g protein per 1/4 cup serving!
TVP easily absorbs the flavors it’s cooked in, making it really versatile, and the texture is like ground meat. Another one that doesn’t require refrigeration, it’s great for camping too!
- Textured Vegetable Protein — Also Known as TVP or TSP
- Non-GMO, Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free
- Meat Extender or Vegetarian Substitute, Unflavored — Easily Absorbs Flavors
- Product of USA, Packed in California
- Use to Make Vegetarian & Vegan Versions of Meat Based Dishes like Burgers, Tacos, Chili and more!
Making the change to a vegan lifestyle or diet does not have to be so difficult, when you know where to get the best meat free and plant based alternatives for your meals.
With our list of the best vegan meat crumbles, you can get back to making your old favorite recipes completely vegan friendly and guilt-free.